OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADULTS: (download Application PDF below)
FOR THE STORE:
- SALES PERSONNEL - during store hours, MINIMUM time commitment 2.5 hrs per month.
- SORTER - general sorting of donations. MINIMUM time commitment 2 hours per week.
- CATEGORY CARETAKER - price books and maintain one or more categories. MINIMUM time commitment 3 hrs per week or as needed.
- HAULER/TRANSPORTER - load and transport boxes of books between library sorting area and store. MINIMUM time commitment 4 hrs per week.
- BOOK PICK UP - at donor's home, transport to library sorting room.
- PUBLICITY - help draft & implement publicity for the store.
- TIDY UP - dust, vacuum store on weekly basis.
- JACK &JACKIE OF ALL TRADES - Often a need for special help to build or repair shelving units, etc.
PAPERBACK SALES - up to four times a year (check the BGR home page for the next scheduled sale)
- MOVING BOXES of BOOKS from storage.
- SET-UP: Unbox books for table-top display. Break down cardboard boxes for next sale
- CLEAN UP
FRIENDS CAFE BOOKSTORE:
- STOCK book shelves as needed.
NOTE: If a parent and teen wish
to take a regular shift at the Book-Go-Round on a ongoing basis
(2.5 hours, once a month for at least 6 months), we would be glad
to have them, if an opening is available.
||Friends of the Saratoga Libraries|